Anthony Twig Wheeler’s Liberation is Possible
“I help people feel better in a body, on this planet, in these times.” – Twig
I do this by:
- Translating the science about stress and trauma into ideas everyone can understand.
- Offering expert sessions, consultations & presentations in Somatic Experiencing® therapy.
- Identifying cultural forms that work with, rather than against, our human nature.
- Producing entertaining art work and commentary that champions the possibility of liberation and well-being.
- Helping folks hold the big questions about the direction & consequences of modern societies.
There’s a goal: Less Distress – More Well-being. For you, me and everyone else.
Fortunately, from personal and professional experience, I have good reason to believe that Liberation is Possible.
Take a look around this site and let’s see if I can guide you to some of that feeling too. A little help in the right direction can go a long ways.
Resources for SE Students and Practitioners:
- SE Reflections Blog and Podcasts - My informal off-the-cuff musings for SE People.
- Services for Helping Professionals and SEPs - Fun and helpful education live and online.
- Consultation and Supervision Information – Practitioner development through one on one conversation.
- Details for SE Session Clinic Intensives with Twig - Deep small group study for practitioners.
- Practicing Our Lines SE Languaging Rehearsal Weekend Workshops - The liveliest SE workshop anywhere.
SE Sessions for the General Public:
- My general public SE practice is closed for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your interest.
- Are you looking for an SE Practitioner in your area? I CAN’T offer you a referral but YOU CAN visit the official SE Practitioner Registry here. There are LOTS of helpful professionals on there!
Current Cultural Animation Storytelling Projects:
- Stories of Completion: A journey from despair to ease with the aid of Somatic Experiencing - Filming campaign through Kickstarter coming Summer 2014.
- All in this Together: Stories from DR Congo - This project champions people in DRC who could really use our support so I’ll be coming back to this as soon as Stories of Completion has been filmed.
People wanting to feel better:
- Twig’s Self-Care for Troubled Times Project - Using Somatic Experiencing guidelines and human ecology principles to recover and enhance well-being from within this mess. – Returning Soon.
- How to get the most from your SE sessions: An SE client primer – Coming 2014.
- What if Everybody Knew Project – Coming Fall 2014.
Or are you looking for:
- Biographical sketch of Anthony Twig Wheeler - You can find an overview of Twig and his work here.
- Gossip about Twig - Come on, you know you want to say something! You’re encouraged to comment.
- Twig’s Hopes and Dreams - Mission, Vision & Assessment Statements.
- Declarations and Disclaimers - Transparency about what Twig is and is not. Hint: perfection is the enemy.
- Copyright and Creative Commons - Info on reproducing, redistributing and reusing Twig’s work.
- Information on how liberationispossible.org works and the site map. - Coming soon.
Schedule and Calendar for Anthony “Twig” Wheeler:
- Upcoming Events Listing - Information and reservations. It’s super easy to use.
- Consultation and Session Availability - For SE students & practitioners.
You can track me with easy to follow emails to your inbox:
- Sign up for Twig’s public email newsletter.
- Or if you’re a healer, maybe you’d like my Newsletter for Helping Professionals.
Get in Contact:
“With the way things are going I figure we better put some serious attention into improving our resiliency and capacity to handle stress because our world has a lot of crazy stuff going down.” -Twig Wheeler