This series of free Public Service Announcements will help you understand your body’s reactions to dangerous events and what you can do for yourself and others to lessen the impact of stress and trauma on your decisions, relationships and well-being.
Originally produced for local radio in the Methow Valley, WA during the Carlton Complex Fires in 2014, by Anthony Twig Wheeler, a trauma specialist and somatic educator.
These recordings are published under the Creative Commons through a Free Cultural Works license. Please feel free to share and republish widely, the only restriction is that any derivative work must be also Share Alike. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Links to Twig’s StressLess Series Episodes Online
- 01 – Introduction to Twig’s StressLess Series (5 min)
- 02 – Technical Conversation about Living Under Stress for a Long Time (20 min)
- 03 – StressLess Basic Options (20 min)
- 04 – Preparing and Restoring Orientation to Decrease the Stress Response (7 min)
- 05 – Parenting and these Stressful Times (8 min)
- 06 – Safe Places to Find Some Rest (6 min)
- 07 – Deactivation Process to Signal Calming Down (12 min)
- 08 – Tough People and Emotional People Have Special Concerns (11 min)
- 09 – Vestibular and Proprioceptive Input Helps Quiet the Body (9 min)
- 10 – What We Can Expect from Our Stress Response (22 min)
- 11 – 3 Stories from Traumatology (4 min)
- 12 – Science That Helps Us Deactivate (4 min)
- 13 – Autonomic Nervous System Paradox (3 min)
- 14 – Assessing Proximity of Danger (4 min)
- 15 – Emotional Waves Happen (5 min)
- 16 – Helpers Need to Take Care of Themselves Too (2 min)
- 17 – Reclaiming Your Spontaneity (2 min)
- 18 – Inebriation and Watching Yourself (3 min)
- 19 – Modulation of Constant Activation (2 min)
- 20 – Rehearsing Coming Down (3 min)
- 21 – Takes More Time to Come Down Than We Want to Give It (3 min)
- 22 – Action is the Antidote for Despair (2 min)
- 23 – Altered State Means Avoid Big Decisions (2 min)
- 24 – Competing Impulses Warning – Choose One and Stick with It (2 min)
- 25 – Everybody Has A Limit (2 min)
- 26 – It’s a Marathon, So Pace Yourself (2 min)
- 27 – 20 Minutes Letting Down with Gravity (3 min)
- 28 – Squeeze and Let It Go (2 min)
- 29 – Repetitive Events Means We Have Experience (2 min)
Who is Anthony Twig Wheeler?Twig is an internationally recognized trauma educator and consultant as well as an improv and performing arts storyteller translating complex and difficult subjects into useful and heart-felt verse.
Twig is personally and professionally dedicated to a widespread awareness of critically helpful information found in emerging psycho-biologically based therapies such as Somatic Experiencing® and Organic Intelligence®. Twig is known for making the harder stuff easier to understand and for being genuinely human while doing so – inclusive of his mistakes and all.
Twig’s website www.liberationispossible.org showcases his work with extensive resources for helping professionals and a growing library of material for the general public.
He makes his home in the mountains of Washington State.
Receive StressLess Series Updates
Be the first to know of new StressLess Series episodes and other relevant information.