This is my daily work: Phone Consultations helping care practitioners around the world.
I offer regular phone consultations for helping professionals applying the Somatic Experiencing and psycho-biological paradigms to their practice. My effort is to help you refine and enjoy your SE practice more and more, regardless of where you’re studies are now.
If you’re an SE student, practitioner or other helping care professional I’d be interested in seeing if I can contribute to your work. -TwigInformation about how my phone consultations work, including answers to frequently asked questions, is below. Checking availability and reserving consultations times is easily done on my schedule page.
Information about Twig’s SE ConsultationsWhenever my travel schedule allows I offer about 1-dozen phone consultations per week. The folks who pursue these tend to be:
- Working on their SE practitioner requirements that accompany the SE training curriculum.
- Practitioners with a burning question or challenging client situation.
- Wanting an honest assessment about what is working for them and where improvement can be found.
- Taking an active step to further cultivate their artfulness as an SE practitioner and seek a long term study with more regular feedback from me.
What we can talk aboutAnything that fits into the sensible category of helping you improve your application of Somatic Experiencing therapy and psycho-biological principles in your work. We can:
- Review theory and the why’s and wherefores of what we do and when.
- Marketing, introducing and transitioning clients toward SE style sessions.
- Issues of practitioner self-care, well-being and vitality.
- All the nuances of challenging stuff like global high intensity activation, syndromal conditions, conflictual clients, and categorical traumas like surgeries, major shocks, scary stuff, that kind of thing.
The 1 on 1 consultation provides the ultimate opportunity to get the information you need to move things forward in your office.
SETI ApprovedI am an approved session, consultation and group consultation provider at all levels of the SE training with the Somatic Experiencing Training Institute (formerly the Foundation for Human Enrichment).
Answers to Common Questions:Who calls who? Do I call you or you call me?
- I WILL CALL YOU at the phone number you leave with me when reserving a time.
- Yes. We can Skype (usually!). Leave your Skype handle (name) when you reserve a session and we’ll connect through video. (My internet service is 98% reliable, every great once and a while using the phone is necessary instead of Skype.)
- After our converstion you will recieve an invoice via paypal that you can pay electronically or you can mail payment by real world mail. Either is fine.
- My phone consultation fee is $100/hr.
- All phone consultation appointments on my scheduler are set for Pacific Coast Time. You’ll need to make the translation.
- If you don’t see a time there that works for you feel free to check if I can adjust to your schedule. Offer some of your ideal dates and times and I’ll see what I can do. Sometimes this works out and often times it doesn’t, though it doesn’t hurt to ask.
- After our talk I will send you a signed consultation log to add to your records.
- If we are to talk multiple times we’ll aggregate these signatures together for easier record keeping.
- Yes, I have a few groups that I meet with monthly or bi-monthly. If you’re interested in this idea please check out invite Twig to your community page.
I’m available to talk with you…This is one of my specialties, helping people integrate and improve their SE skills. I’d prefer that every opportunity to do that was in person. Engagement is just so much “better in person.”
Fortunately, these phone consultations can be pretty darn good too. And you can stay in your PJs if you want to. Heck some people chat with me from their local park or arboretum; which I think is awesome!
If I can help you do this SE stuff better and make it your own, I will. If I don’t know what you need next I probably know how you can find it.
Whenever you show up on my schedule, I’ll be looking forward to our conversation. Here’s a link to my availability.
“Your knowledge is so filled-out and broad that you bring a fuller perspective–and very practical perspective. I look forward to just even more growth. I have every intent on getting as good as you, too! Thank you so much!”
-Ruby Jo Walker, SEP