Copyright & Creative Commons for sharing Anthony Twig Wheeler’s works
Some orientation to Twig’s stance on copyright and the rules and regs for redistributing his content.The current worldwide trend to capture, trademark and ultimately control information through copyright and intellectual property patents is one more attack on public knowledge. First it was the animals on the open field, enclosure, private property, and now the limiting of free access to ideas and information. With this, the tragedy of the commons continues.
While individuals who add to, transform and improve upon earlier ideas should be recognized and rewarded we should remember the truth that most ideas are a collaborative process – often spanning multiple generations. The quartering off of ideas as sole property is a kind of theft and disregard for who has come before and who may come after. As Newton noted, those who see far stand on the shoulders of giants (i.e. other people).
I don’t know about you but I think it would be a much better and more interesting world if information remains free, open and dynamic. For this reason most of the material here in LiberationIsPossible.org is offered under Creative Commons Licensing. This offers free access and reproduction of my work as long as credit is given and you do not attempt to profit from my efforts.
The exception to this is where I provide professional services to people who are actively improving their income from the work I have developed for their understanding or where collaboration with others necessitates a classic use of copyright. Under these conditions traditional copyright has been added to my material and I will guard and appreciate your respect of these conditions.
Please take note of my Creative Commons License below.
Creative CommonsUnless otherwise noted all the works on LiberationIsPossible.org are protected under a Creative Commons license held by Anthony “Twig” Wheeler.
The purpose of this license is to secure the credit of creation by Anthony “Twig” Wheeler while simultaneously supporting the free flow of information and the vibrancy of cultural exchange through a creative commons. Thus, unless otherwise noted, all works are available for sharing and distribution within the limits of these conditions:
You are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Noncommercial — You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
- Waiver — Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
- Public Domain — Where the work or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by the license.
- Other Rights — In no way are any of the following rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights, or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights.
www.LiberationIsPossible.org by Anthony “Twig” Wheeler is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available upon special request, feel free to get in contact.